Southwest Women’s Law Center has teamed up with the Transgender Resource Center of New Mexico, the ACLU LGBT Project, and the ACLU of New Mexico to present Know Your Rights Trainings for transgender and gender non-conforming communities in New Mexico. We will be providing information about:
- Changing your Name and Gender Marker on Identification;
- Police, Prison & Jail Issues;
- Employment Discrimination;
- Public Accommodations Discrimination;
- Health Care Access;
- Safety in Schools; and,
- Family Law Issues
Find us in your area:
- Albuquerque: May 5, 2014, 6pm-8pm at Equality New Mexico’s Office, 625 Silver Avenue SW, Suite 310, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Las Cruces: May 6, 2014, 6pm-8pm at New Mexico State University, Corbett Center Student Union, Dona Ana Room
- Roswell: May 7, 2014, 6pm-8pm at Alianza, 1200 S. Richardson, Roswell, NM 88203
- Farmington: May 8, 2014, 6pm-8pm at Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 219 N. Orchard Ave. Farmington, NM 87401
- Gallup: May 9, 2014, 11:30am-1:30pm at Student Services Technology Center, Room 200, 705 Gurley Ave. Gallup, NM 87301
All events are free and open to the public.
Please call Kate Walsham, SWLC’s Tom Steel Legal Fellow, at (505) 244-0502 or email email@example.com with any questions.
We are also conducting CLE trainings for New Mexico Attorneys. More information about these events is available on the SWLC website.